Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Bombay-ites live only over the weekend

It's true. They start coming to life after Friday afternoon and by 6:00pm, they are positively kicking.

This continues till Sunday evening and by night-time, they begin to die a slow death.

This Wednesday morning, as i walked into office at approximately 8:30am, I heard a colleague complain, "God, two more days left." I wanted to tell her that technically, it would be three. But I didn't want to depress her more than she already looked so I just smiled a sympathetic smile.  






But Bombay does seem to have a chronic problem - week:work and weekend:living.

Why is this culture festering the city? 

One problem that I can spot is traffic on the roads. I used to think twice before doing anything after work except go home during the week is because of the "peak-hour" rush. For those, who agree with me, I want to inform them that there is nothing like "peak-hour" traffic in Bombay anymore. It's just plain and simple traffic.

Why don't we want to relax after work by going for a walk in the garden close to our house? Because - with due respect to 'Rajesh Khanna Park' in Khar - I can't find any that are worth their salt. Except maybe the Hanging Garden or Jogger's Park. 

This vicious circle of Friday Euphoria and Sunday Dysphoria is giving me vertigo. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Or they live only FOR the weekend...for all the running they do, they get time only on the weekends to realize the benefits :D